Are you an aspiring designer or up-and-coming fashion phenom? ModCloth want to make your design dreams a reality. The Make the Cut Contest asks you to submit sketches that are inspired by Susan’s marvelous moodboard and fit their aesthetic. From there, Susan will select her top picks, and from 12/12 to 12/16, Facebook fans will vote on the winners. The champs will receive a bevy of beneficence: $500 per winning sketch, and their items will be produced and sold on ModCloth.com — with the winners’ names on their respective tags.
They will be debuting the winning garments right here in Spring 2012, along with styles based on the ravishing renderings in Susan’s moodboard. Ready and rarin’ to go? First, check out these design tips:
• Make sure your sketch clearly highlights one piece of clothing, not an entire outfit.
• Clothes only!
• Sketches look best on a light grey or white background
• Keep in mind who you are designing for — the ModCloth customer
• Each image should be saved as a JPG file no more than 5MB
• The ideal format is vertical with a 3×5 dimension ratio
• You may submit entries for up to 5 garments
• Sketches may be submitted up until 12 p.m. PT on 12/4/2011
• All entries must be submitted to email@example.com
• The winners will be announced on 12/19 here on the blog
• Five winning sketches will be chosen, and $500 will be awarded per piece
• Winning designs will be produced and sold on ModCloth.com, featuring the designer’s name.
• All the official contest rules and regulations can be found here
So there you have it! Gather inspiration from the stunning swatches, iconic illustrations, and haute hues of Susan’s board, and then get started! It doesn’t matter whether you sketch, draw, paint, or Photoshop, they just want to see your best stuff!
ModCloth can’t wait to see the imaginative, incredible images you come up with!