Meet our March 2015 Parsons School of Fashion’s Student of the Month, Raymond Natale!
Here is a Q&A we did with him and some samples of his work. We hope you enjoy getting to know Ray, and we would like to offer him a big congratulations on all he has accomplished so far!
1. What is your name, or any nicknames you go by? Raymond Natale/ Ray.
2. Where are you from? Toronto, Ontario Canada.
3. What brought you to Parsons? My brother Daniel Natale and my absolute love for menswear.
4. What special courses are you taking? Men’s Wear Thesis 6, two months to graduation!
5. Why do you think you were selected as Parsons School of Fashion Student of the Month? I think I was selected because I love coming to class and working with each and every one of my amazing professors. My positive attitude and energy makes every class so enjoyable. I have really pushed my design aesthetic and have really become a more refined designer. I think this helps me stand out as a student who is here for all the right reasons.
6. If you could offer one piece of advice to an incoming student, what would that be? My best advice is to be 100% dedicated to you major, love what you do and try to work a bit every day, a few hours will really help cut out a FEW all nighters.
7. What is your Instagram handle? @raymond.natale
8. What are you going to be doing over the weekend? Working on my thesis and defiantly “maximizing my chill”.
9. How would you describe your experience so far as a Parsons student? I have loved my time at Parsons, for once in my life I have found my true passion. This school has been the best decision of my life. I have worked hard and made some amazing lifelong connections and friends.
10. What is one of the most important things you have learned/experienced at Parsons? Dedication and hard work really pay off, and ALWAYS NOTCH YOUR PATTERNS.
11. What keeps you motivated when there is too much work load? Hanging out with my brother, he is a real inspiration and a real help as the two of us work on our thesis collections. Having a bro and a true friend really makes me push to accomplish both our dreams, and really helps with the long studio nights.