The twelfth edition ITS 2013 is alive and ready to discover & support the next generation of talents! The deadline to enroll is March 22, 2013 and here’s in brief what your students need to know:
· 3 different competition fields: FASHION, ACCESSORIES, JEWELRY
· ITS 2012 Teaser (so you know what we’re talking about): http://vimeo.com/54088771
· ITS Past Finalists Today (so you know where they will end up working after ITS…): http://www.itsweb.org/jsp/en/pastfinaliststoday/index.jsp
· ITS Press Coverage (so you know which International Press is going to talk about your school and you students…): http://www.itsweb.org/pdf/ITS2012GreatestITS.pdf
The communication (on posters, flyers, videos, in the location…) for the 12th edition of ITS will apply science creativity. Science in the most comprehensive sense: it is physics, it is mathematics, it is chemistry; it basically is whatever it takes to rationalize, to explain, to calculate, to theorize. It is hard-core Positivism, pushed to the limits, striving to measure, to connect, to catalog creativity. A paradoxical and surreal task, an impossible mission, an operation so dumb and so brilliant at the same time.
ITS 2013 gets nerdy, and becomes the “Physics of Creativity Research Institute”, a scientific institution devoted to study the phenomena and find the fundamental laws of creativity.
ITS is an international platform that gives your students the incredible opportunity to show their work and talk to jurors like Marina Abramovic, Franca Sozzani, Viktor & Rolf, Raf Simons, Antonio Marras, Sophia Kokosalaki, Colin McDowell, and journalists/bloggers like Hilary Alexander, Cathy Horyn, Susie Bubble and many more. They could be featured in articles by the international press attending the event: Dazed & Confused, Vogue, Le Monde, Journal du Textil, Le Figaro, The Herald Tribune, GQ, Vanity Fair.
· The deadline to enroll is 22 March 2013
· The finalists will be selected in mid-April 2013
· The Finals will be on 13 July 2013
The ITS 2013 Finals will be in Trieste, Italy
· students in their final year who will graduate in 2013
· students who have already graduated
· young talents not in possession of a diploma
· there is no entry fee
· first, pre-enroll online
· second, send us a portfolio (including: sketches of the enrolled collection, photos of collection enrolled and/or previous collections, proposal for special project if required)
· ITS FASHION entry requirements: http://www.itsweb.org/pdf/ITS2012Fashion-Entry.pdf
· ITS ACCESSORIES entry requirements: http://www.itsweb.org/pdf/ITS2012Accessories-Entry.pdf
· ITS JEWELRY entry requirements: http://www.itsweb.org/pdf/ITS2012Jewelry-Entry.pdf
· FASHION COLLECTION OF THE YEAR €15,000 + presentation of collection at ITS 2014
· FASHION SPECIAL PRIZE €5,000
· DIESEL AWARD €25,000 + 6 months internship ad Diesel HQ
· AVERY DENNISON AWARD €5,000
(note: selected finalists will be required to develop special projects)
· ACCESSORIES COLLECTION OF THE YEAR €5,000 + presentation of collection at ITS 2014
· YKK AWARD €10,000
(note: the YKK Project is a mandatory part of the enrollment, see art. 6 of the accessories entry requirements)
· SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS JEWELRY AWARD €10,000 + 6 months internship
(note: the SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS project is a mandatory part of the enrollment, see art.6 of the jewelry entry requirements)
Please do help us and your students out! Forward this email to your students and to those who have already graduated. Help them know about this invaluable opportunity! If you have any question, or if anything of the above isn’t clear, please do get in touch with us!
ITS is committed to providing contestants with solid opportunities. This continues beyond the annual event searching for internships and job opportunities. This is our main goal.
One final note: our former responsible for all contacts with Schools and Contestants Giovanni Ortolani is attending an MA course in the United Kingdom. Matea Burmas, who worked alongside Giovanni for several years, will be in charge of answering your questions, of spreading the voice about the competitions and of helping your students enroll in ITS (www.itsweb.org).