Meet our December 2014 Parsons School of Fashion’s Student of the Month, Ming Peng!
Here is a Q&A we did with him and some samples of his work. We hope you enjoy getting to know Ming, and we would like to offer him a big congratulations on all he has accomplished so far!
1. What is your name, or any nicknames you go by? My name is Ming Peng.
2. Where are you from? I’m from China, Chengdu.
3. What brought you to Parsons? I want to become a fashion designer, so I came to Parsons!
4. What special courses are you taking? I’m taking Japanese!
5. Why do you think you were selected as Parsons School of Fashion Student of the Month? Haha… Maybe I was hard working…?
6. If you could offer one piece of advice to an incoming student, what would that be? Take it easy! Most of the time, you will get better work without too much pressure..
7. What is your Instagram handle? elephantwasabi
8. What are you going to be doing over the weekend? Watch a movie!
9. How would you describe your experience so far as a Parsons student? I like studying here. There are so many good teachers and talented students!
10. What is one of the most important things you have learned/experienced at Parsons? How to transfer my idea or inspiration into a real garment!
11. What keeps you motivated when there is too much work load? Try to enjoy the process! I would rather be busy than have nothing to do!